|Title||The Ice Man Job|
|Airdate||September 2, 2009|
|Written by||Christine Boylan|
|Directed by||Jeremiah Chechik|
|Guests|| Salvator Xuereb|
|Previous episode||The Two Live Crew Job|
|Next episode||The Lost Heir Job|
|Episode list||Season 2|
|“||The Ice Man commeth.||”|
The crew tries to deliver comeuppance to corrupt diamond merchant Jim Kerrity III, but a misplay involving Hardison results in the team's efforts to bust through Boston's most impregnable vault.
Joey Cospito, a Boston cop working part-time as an armored car driver. Cospito is injured and put on leave without pay by the Boston Police Department when his armored car is robbed as part of Kerrity's plan.
Jim Kerrity III, owner of Kerrity Diamonds. Kerrity plans to stage the theft of diamonds from his own vault in order to clear massive debts he has run up. To do so, he is in league with a group of Russian mobsters.
- This episode was originally intended to be the winter-season opener, which would establish how the team was managing without Sophie. However, TNT moved this episode and The Lost Heir Job to summer because of the popularity of Leverage, and The Runway Job became the winter opener instead.
- This episode is the first of several in which Gina Bellman makes brief appearances as Sophie, in this case via telephone, while on maternity leave, before returning to the cast late in The Maltese Falcon Job.
- This is the first job that the team takes without Sophie, and is the only job they do with a four person team.
- Nate uses the alias Sterling while playing the investigator from Kerrity's insurance company.
- Parker's flashbacks come from The Stork Job and a deleted scene from the pilot episode, The Nigerian Job.