The First David is one of two bronze statuettes that Michelangelo used to craft his famous marble statue, David. It was a key object of value in the television series Leverage.
It is reportedly valued at eight million dollars.
Michelangelo crafted two statuettes, The First David and The Second David. They were properties of the Vatican and highly sought after. In their lifetime they both were stolen and recovered numerous times.
- Ian Blackpoole acquires The First David before the Season 1 episode "The First David Job"
- Parker steals The First David from the restoration vault of the Los Angeles Museum of Classical Art, replacing it with a copy (Which she lovingly calls, "our little naked man").
- The Leverage team then uses the First David to sell to Blackpoole as the Second David, and sells it back to him.
- Parker tries to steal the First David again, this time from a Unified Confidence armored truck, but is caught in the act by Jim Sterling.
- The statue was last in possession of Ian Blackpoole and was a part of his Two Davids Gallery in the Blackpoole Wing of the Los Angeles Museum of Classical Art.